Friday 23 August 2013

Mile 2450ish- Lincoln, MT


I don't have much to say at the moment, just that my hike is still slowly making its way north.  I've been trying to slow down to make the timing work out, and it's been mostly impossible.  Once I'm used to hiking 25-30 miles a day, I apparently continue hiking at that pace.  I have to get a camping permit for Glacier NP, so that'll forcer me to slow down.  If anyone has any good book reccomendations, let me know.  I'll hopefully be able to pick one up in East Glacier- my last town stop before the border.  For now, here are some photos!
Storm Lake Pass.  Find the hiker on the trail!

Treat this wooden water pipe segment with respect!

This is a segment of the flume that carried water downhill until 2011...

Attempted boarding up of an old mine?

Another smoky day on trail- thanks for burning, Idaho/Montana.

Self portrait near the beginning of a 25 mile dry road walk.
Thank goodness for a breeze and some shade!

There's a mummified-looking squirrel at the bottom of this water source.
Dana Spring, near Mullen Pass, MT


Morning moonset.




How Hiker Trash gets around Lincoln, MT.
AKA- Dain giving Sweet As a lift.

2 comments:

  1. More great photos! Glad you're hanging in there and will be done soon. Enjoy every minute!

    "If you stopped yourself every time you said, 'I have to', and changed it to, 'I get to', it might change your entire experience." - Kyle Pagerly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do say 'I get to' quite a bit, as well as 'first world problem' when things happen unexpectedly.

      Delete