Tuesday 6 August 2013

Mile 2100ish- Leadore, ID

The bears are out- my size 10 and a Grizz print
The berries are out too!
Well, I've nearly made it to my final state!  We are currently, at times literally, straddling the Idaho/Montana border.  I've been fondly calling it 'Montaho'  and giggling a bit to myself, but that's my entertainment here on the trail.  
Music on Main in Victor, ID
After leaving Dubois, I hike for a few days into Yellowstone NP and then promptly hitched into Jackson to visit a PCT friend of mine- Emilee- and hang out with her for a few days.  After delicious fresh greens, a concert in Victor, ID, a couple naps, and sooo much good friend hang out time I was back in Yellowstone hiking in a generally northerly direction.  I've also ran into my first of many southbound CDT hikers in the park, and everyone's been quite friendly. 
Canoers offered to take me across the Lewis River. With Shoshone Lake.
Getting out of Yellowstone, I began hiking with E again, and we have run into TONS of southbounders, and have been trying to give them useful info- where the dry spots are, what the terrain's like, etc.  We've been following the border since we left the park, and it's been very up and down which is interesting, since Yellowstone was quite flat.  I'm working on getting my leg muscles used to climbing again.  On to actual Montana!  I should be in Anaconda in about 10 days or so, which is about 1/2 way through MT.




Old shoes/new shoes in Old Faithful Village.

Tourists on the boardwalk out of O.F. Village

Welcome to Idaho!

SoBo Smiles!(a PCT friend)

A storm rolling in over the mountain

Following the fenceline on the ID/MT border

Big sky Country, indeed.

E and our hitch into Leadore.

No comments:

Post a Comment