Friday 16 August 2013

Mile 2300ish- Anaconda, MT

I found the end of the Missourri River!  At Lemhi Pass
Hello from the 9th largest "city" in Montana!  Not much is going on here, as well as not much has been happening on trail these past few days.  I've been going into and out of different valleys about 4-8 times per day, as well as getting beautiful views from the passes.  As Balls put it the other day when he and Sunshine caught up to me coming out of Lost Trail Pass, "We're getting to the point in the hike where it's still enjoyable, but we want to be done"(or something to that effect)  I've definitely been feeling the same way- it doesn't help that the terrain has mostly looked the same for the past couple of weeks. 
It is definitely sad when you get to the point on a hike where you're viewed out, so I've been trying to notice the little things- the beauty in the sunrises/sets (because of the smoke from all the wildfires around here), the animals and how they respond to my presence, the wildflowers whose blooming has been following me since the Wyoming/Colorado Border.  It's become more and more apparent to me throughout this trip, as well as my life's journey, that I get to choose my mood.  I choose whether my day will be boring or that the intricacies of the moments can be woven together to create something more.  Try it sometime!

Baby Bear!  Mama ran away as soon as I made noise

No comments:

Post a Comment