Friday 31 May 2013

Mile 815ish- Spring Creek Pass/Lake City, CO

Softwalker looking over the next section of maps
Well, friends, I've made it through another hundred miles.  These past miles were hard fought for, and while not completely worn out, I am definitely glad to be in a place that it's not snowing or windy right now.

Trail!
The last stretch of trail we went through has been the longest food carry between resupplies I've done yet on this trip- I carried 7 days worth of food out of Pagosa Springs- that's a lot of snacks!  Thankfully I've been traveling with a good group of people.  We've been having fires nearly every night to dry out our shoes so they won't be frozen in the morning.  We've also been each other's support systems/navigators/trail breakers all in one!  I would not have been nearly as motivated to get up and moving if I didn't have Speed Bump moving around in a tent near me on many a frosty morning this past week.  And with Bumpy or Max Chill or Waldo leading the way, it made trail finding a bit easier though the post-holing got worse later in the day with old foot prints. 



Pod and Gnar post-holing their way towards me

Where do we go? Gnar, Pod, and Max Chill.

Ridge walk! Yea, along that cornice.

There was an avalanche here sometime ago.

'The Window' Apparently, you can cross country
 to go through it if you want...

The CDT meets the CT near Silverton. 
It looks alot different than the last time I was here.

SpeedBump crossing another snowy patch

Woke up to this about 17 miles outside of the pass into Lake City.

No comments:

Post a Comment